During the Year :
We raised £ ???. We donated £????
Our Social Events were : Kids Christmas Cracker, Burns night, Ladies Festival, (Batch Country House Hotel), quiz night and Trafalgar Night,
Masters Charities : £1500 donated as follows :
We donated £ ??? to the following worthy causes :
- £ – Woodspring Lodge widows
- £ – North Somerset Masonic Widows association
- £500 – Bristol Section of the Military Wives Choir,
We also donated £??? to various Somerset PGL Funds :
- £ – Somerset Provincial Grand Lodge – 2020 Festival (Ashler)
Quiz Night 1st April 2017
A very successful night with a fish & Chip supper. Enjoyed by ?? people attempting to answer the 1960’s themed questions set by Devious Dave.
The winning team were ??
We raised ??? towards the Masters charities.
The Bristol Military Wives Choir 13th January 2017.
Instead of our January ceremony, Woodspring Lodge hosted a “Burns Supper” with our ladies followed by a concert by 21 ladies of the Bristol Section of the Military Wives Choir, upstairs in the Yatton temple. The Bristol Choir is one of the 40 different “British” Military Wives Choirs around the world.
The Choir were impressed with the temple and the acoustics enhanced the performance. Their pianist said that he hadn’t played an organ for 15 years…. You would never have known. We were treated to a exceptional concert by an amateur group of singers, which changes as they accompany their husbands to their various postings around the world. The choir involved the audience in providing various backing sounds and we all joined in during the Vera Lynn medley. Their “final” encore was their version of “Sing”, which was originally performed by the Commonwealth band and Military Wives as part of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Concert celebrations on 4 June 2012.
The New Team – 8th October 2016.
Officers Installed with the Provincial DC in attendance
Our Events 2016 – 2017
Held on the Friday after the 2nd Wednesday from October to May. We Tile at 18:30.
- October 14th 2016 : Installation (17:30)
- November 11th 2016 : 1st Degree Demonstration with Ray Beckingham
- December 16th 2016: : 2nd Degree Ceremony
- January 13th 2017 : No ceremony : Burns Evening Wives & Partners & Guests invited : The Bristol Military Wives Choir will also attend.
- February 10th 2017 : 3rd Degree Demonstration – Bristol Working – by the Vale of Brislington Lodge.
- March 10th 2017: 3rd Degree Ceremony – conducted by Past Masters (WBro Alan Carter)
- April 7th 2017 : 3rd Degree Ceremony + Fraternal visit by the Provincial Team
- May 12th 2017 : The future for Freemasonry and Woodspring Lodge – a discussion led by V.W.Bro Ray Guthrie.
- December 20th 2016 : Deliver the Travelling Trowel to Parrett and Axe Lodge in Crewkerne
- Monday 20th March 2017 : The Lodge of Agriculture in Yatton (Installation Ceremony)
- Friday 24th March 2017 : Backwell Lodge in Nailsea. (1st Degree Ceremony)
SOCIAL CALENDAR / EVENTS HELD
Sunday 30th April 2017 : SUNDAY LUNCH at Yatton Masonic Hall
Saturday 1st April : QUIZ NIGHT – at Yatton Masonic Hall see Quiz Night Flyer for details
Saturday 10th December 2016 : Kids CHRISTMAS CRACKER at Yatton Masonic Hall
Saturday 22nd November 2016 : TRAFALGAR NIGHT – at Yatton Masonic Hall. This was a joint event with John De Clivedon Lodge
Richard joined masonry when he was initiated into ?name? Lodge in ??year??, passed in ??year? and raised in ??year?? .
He was installed as Master of Woodspring on 16th October 2016.